# About QPython 3L
QPython is the Python engine for android. It consists of a few remarkable features which includes Python interpreter, runtime environment, editor, QPYI and SL4A library. It makes it easy so that it will use Python on Android. And its FREE.
QPython already has thousands and thousands of users global and it’s also an open source undertaking.
For unique utilization scenarios, QPython has two branches, particularly QPython Ox and 3x.
QPython Ox is specifically geared toward programming learners, and it gives greater friendly features for beginners.
This is the QPython 3L, it is particularly for knowledgeable Python customers, and it affords a few superior technical functions.
# Amazing Features
– Offline Python three interpreter: no Internet is required to run Python programs
– It helps running more than one types of projects, along with: console software, SL4A software, webapp application
– Convenient QR code reader for shifting codes for your smartphone
– QPYPI and a custom repository for prebuilt wheel programs for more suitable clinical libraries, consisting of numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-examine and many others
– Easy-to-use editor
– INTEGRATED amp; EXTENDED SCRIPT LAYER FOR ANDROID LIBRARY (SL4A): IT LETS YOU DRIVE THE ANDROID WORK WITH PYTHON
– Good documentation and customer support
# SL4A Features
With SL4A functions, you may use Python programming to govern Android paintings:
– Android Apps API, which includes: Application, Activity, Intent amp; startActivity, SendBroadcast, PackageVersion, System, Toast, Notify, Settings, Preferences, GUI
– Android Resources Manager, which include: Contact, Location, Phone, Sms, ToneGenerator, WakeLock, WifiLock, Clipboard, NetworkStatus, MediaPlayer
– Third App Integrations, which includes: Barcode, Browser, SpeechRecongition, SendEmail, TextToSpeech
– Hardwared Manager: Carmer, Sensor, Ringer amp; Media Volume, Screen Brightness, Battery, Bluetooth, SignalStrength, WebCam, Vibrate, NFC, USB
[ API Documentation Link ]
[ API Samples ]
[ IMPORTANT NOTE ]
IT MAY REQUIRE THE BLUETOOTH / LOCATION / READ_SMS / SEND_SMS / CALL_PHONE AND OTHER PERMISSIONS, SO THAT YOU CAN PROGRAM ITH THESE FEATURES. QPYTHON WILL NOT USE THESE PERMISSIONS IN BACKGROUND.
IF YOU GET EXCEPTION IN RUNTIME WHILE USING SL4A API, PLEASE CHECK WHETHER THE RELEVANT PERMISSIONS IN THE SYSTEM SETTINGS ARE ENABLED.
# How To Get Professional Customer Support
Please comply with the guide to get support https://github.Com/qpython-android/qpython/blob/master/README.Md
[ QPython community ]
[ FAQ ]
A: Why cant I use the SMS API of SL4A
Q: Because Google Play and a few app shops have strict requirements at the permissions of apps, in QPython 3x, we use x to differentiate branches with extraordinary permissions or appstores. For instance, L manner LIMITED and S manner SENSITIVE.
Sometimes you can’t use the corresponding SL4A APIs due to the fact the model you hooked up does no longer have the corresponding permissions, so that you can recollect replace what you have got mounted with the proper one.
You can locate other branches here: